The water crisis because Brazil is currently spends an alert to the need for changing habits and behavior on the part of society as a whole. Common attitudes at the time that there was plenty of water, are no longer accepted at time of consumption constraint and the need for awareness about the depletion of natural resources.
But the emergence of a new culture doesn't happen overnight, being very difficult to reach adults, primarily, most of whom have always enjoyed the water thoroughly, as once believed, until very recently, this inexhaustible well found in nature.
teaching since child-To the President of Apecs (São Paulo Association of consulting firms and services in sanitation and Environment, Luiz Roberto Gravina Pladevall, Brazilian society have to go through a process of environmental education, which start in public and private schools, with the target audience the new generations of consumers.
According to him, it is necessary to give children and young people to enable them instruments to improve their relationship with the environment, knowing the impacts that human actions cause the nature. "A new approach can create, within 20 years, a generation more aware," predicts Pladevall.
See the Apecs tips to save water:
- 1. Avoid dripping faucets or water hoses are open (it is estimated that a badly closed, with slow drip, arrives to spend 300 liters of water per month, and with fast drip, up to 900 liters of water/month);
- 2. Fix leaks by checking the pipes, tank ball and points of consumption, such as faucets and valves;
- 3. In the bathroom, close the tap while brushing your teeth or shaving. Don't take long baths and close the record to lather up;
- 4. Do the periodic maintenance of the dump valves. This device badly adjusted or with leaks-normally imperceptible-is the great villain of the waste;
- 5. External areas and gardens, water the plants with bucket or watering can, preferably right at dusk or at night, to avoid loss by evaporation;
- 6. Do not wash the car with a hose; use bucket;
- 7. Clean the sidewalk with broom and avoid the use of hoses;
- 8. Close the tap of the tank while you SOAP the clothes and enjoy the water rinse to wash the back yard;
- 9. Before washing the dishes, clean the remains of food and throw them in the trash;
- 10. Close the tap while soaping dishes and pots. She should only be opened on time to rinse;
- 11. Wash fruits and vegetables in a bowl to remove the dirt and use a vegetable brush to make your job easier.